Thursday 20 February 2014

Pale Girl Tans #1 Garnier Ambre Solaire

So I am a very new to self tanning, I've always chosen to get a tan professionally  done if I have needed one. For Cheerleading Competitions you need to be extremely tan and I never trusted myself to do this. I have always liked the look of tans though and my collection of self tanners has been growing.

So here is my review of the Garnier Ambre Solaire in Light Natural Bronzer. This product is a spray one and applies clear to the skin. I think that a product that claims to be no streaks shouldn't be clear! The colour itself is decent and looks semi natural, although it is more on the orange side than brown. It isn't green based and that is what you want in a tanner because you won't look orange. The smell of the product is nice and not too fake tan like, though it does have a strong smell. It's more on the fruity side which is enjoyable.

I have to horror stories with this tan. First was that I didn't think it was going to work because it went on clear so I decided to do a test on my arm. I did it on my forearm not thinking that I had work the next day! I had a big orange/brown mark just randomly on my arm for all the customers to see. I didn't think it through at all! The other time because it goes on clear I though I had applied it all over my legs. I was wrong and had streaks all over, I think because I am so new to fake tan that I just failed at knowing where I had applied the tan already.

Will I repurchase this tan, most likely not. At least not in the spray version, I really want to try the rub in version as that is the tan my mother is currently loving. I am not all saying I won't try more Garnier self tanners as I love brand.

Briony xx

1 comment:

  1. Is this the one that came in Lust Have It? I used to always use it for dancing but I admit I always had streaks too.. Always had to do it a week in advance so I could build it up and fill in the patches >.< haha The colour was good on me being pale though.

    ReplyDelete